Glorious Technicolor and a peek into the Mac's history


Last week I finally got my RGB monitor out of storage and now I can enjoy the nice colours the IIgs can produce. The picture is sharp and text is very legible and not as blocky as on emulators or LCDs.

I realize that it may seem blasphemous to use a Commodore monitor on a IIgs, but the 1084S is one of the most versatile CRTs ever produced. It offers Composite, S-Video, analogue RGB and digital RGB. That means I can use it with every computer or console that outputs a PAL or 15kHz type signal.
The monitor itself is from 1987, so it matches my 1987 IIgs perfectly. I will give it a good cleanup and change all capacitors, so that I can enjoy it for another 30 years.


The second item I'd like to share is a 400k external disk drive for the original Macintosh. The drive is dated May 1984 as you can see in the second picture. I got it for "free" when I bought an Apple 3.5 800k drive for use on my IIgs.
Unfortunately neither my IIgs nor my Mac Classic support this drive, but it sure is nice to have an item from the Mac's very early history.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prebuilt AppleIISD V1.2.1 finally available

AppleIISd V1.2.2 - Silly bugfixes and an improved flasher application

AppleIISd